Something that is often overlooked when buying an existing home is getting a roof inspection. While many people receive a home inspection when they buy their homes, many do not receive a formal roof inspection. The purpose of a home inspection is to see if there are any major problems with your home as a whole. While you should have a licensed and professional home inspector do a home inspection on your home, they are not roofing experts and will not perform a thorough inspection on your roof.
During a roof inspection, the roofing expert will check several things that could be overlooked in a home inspection. At Smith’s Roofing Solutions LLC, we will perform the following when inspecting a roof:
- Interior inspection of the attic, ceilings, and walls for signs of water damage, mold, and rot
- Structural inspection to see if there are any places where it is sagging or uneven
- Shingle inspection to see if any are cracked, curling, loose, missing, or have rust spots or any other stains
- Flashing and fasteners will be checked for rust spots and proper placement
- Chimney inspection to see if there is any damage to chimney caps, cracks, or deteriorating grout
- Gutter and downspout inspection for any damage and settling
We are very thorough when we perform a roof inspection and will provide you with an analysis of any problems we may find. While buying a home is often a stressful process, we would help ease some stress by conducting an extensive inspection on the roof to ensure that you are buying a home that you have a good roof over your head.